Monday, May 2, 2011

Russian Sailor Songs



Last evening, both Caleb and Ben performed in the annual "Pops" recital.  You may not have realized this, but Russian sailor songs are making a comeback in a big way, which is why both of my boys played a different Russian sailor song last night.

"I have to play this very loud because Russians are ANGRY," Ben said. 

Ben has his own sense of how long a half note three-quarter note should last.  Other than that, both boys did a wonderful job. 

I put Ben in a bowtie because he's kind of a bowtie type of guy.  Caleb, on the other hand, is his father incarnate.

Yesterday, we took Caleb to get his haircut.  The hair stylist asked what we wanted, and John said to cut it short and brush it to the side.

"You mean, just like you?" I asked.

"Yes," he responded. 

My husband has newscaster hair.  When John was out of hearing range, I gave the stylist different instructions.  She went a step further, and gave Caleb a trendy, tousled-with-gel hairdo.  I thought it was adorable.  John nearly had a heart attack. 

My favorite part of the video is the way Ben looks back at me.  That kid makes me all gooey inside.

Sorry for the poor resolution.  Enjoy...

No comments: