Monday, January 9, 2012

Dreams of Walking in the Snow

When there are spiderwebs hanging from your Christmas tree like tinsel, perhaps you've kept it up too long.  Unfortunately, Christmas trees are not easy to dust.  The needles just keep falling off.

All this to say, I finally took the tree down and the stupid thing gave me a rash on my hand.  Apparently I'm allergic to sap.  Or bark. 

I'm so over Christmas. 

I am, however, uncharacteristically excited about winter.  If it would just snow! 

Ben (solemnly):  I pray for snow every single day, mom.

And he does.  (Dear God, thank you for this food.  Bless it to our bodies.  Thank you for mom and dad and all my grandmas and grandpas and for my teacher and for my toys and fireplaces and Kiah and robots, and please let it snow today.  Amen.)

We want to go sledding and make snowmen and throw snowballs at my neighbor who hates me.  But that's a post for a different day.

Today's happy song:  Brandi Carlile's "Have You Ever."  I could listen to it over and over and over and over and over and over...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to throw a snowball at your neighbor too!

Holly said...

Anonymous, I love you.